A whopping 41% of the homebuyers either prefer a newly built home to an existing one. This is because buying new construction has its advantages, like being built to the most updated code. But new construction is not without its own challenges from purchasing a home with no established community history, to smaller lot sizes, and less established neighborhood plant life, purchasing new construction has concerns that existing construction may not.
This is why it’s important to work with a real estate agent well versed in new construction in the Portland Metro area. An agent with strong ties to local builders and developers, who can help you navigate such considerations as builder walk-throughs, architectural drawings, and spec sheets.
Specializing in new construction, I’ve worked hard to build solid relationships with local developers and builders on everything from completed new construction, homes currently under construction, and even homes that are planned but not yet underway.
According to a recent article in Forbes Magazine, some of the pros of new construction include:
- You’re able to have the builder customize the home before construction is completed, so it will be built with your personal touch and painted in your color palette – a big bonus!
- With new construction or pre-construction purchases, the work is done for you. You don’t have to lift a finger, a paintbrush, or a hammer.
- New homes come with some of the design elements that today’s lifestyle demands: open, eat-in kitchens, walk-in closets, and large master baths to name a few.
- A big financial benefit of new properties is that you won’t have to do much maintenance. With brand new appliances, plumbing, heating, and air, you should be repair free for at least a few years.
- Utilizing new construction materials, just-built homes are usually more energy efficient; that means potentially lower utility bills.
- New homes and condos are often equipped with the latest technology built right in – think alarm systems, speaker systems, Internet wiring, and cable – saving you lots of time, money, and holes in the walls.
If you’re ready to purchase a newly constructed home, give me a call at (503) 809-9686 and together we’ll make your dreams of buying a NEW home your reality.